Saturday, October 8, 2011

Budapest details

Before I left, I had figured out my daily plan up through Prague. Had I realized how little time I was going to have during my trip to figure out what to do after Prague, I would have started earlier and done more up-front work. So now while I'm in Prague, I'm fleshing out a plan for Budapest which is my next stop. This was much easier to do sitting at home at my kitchen table.

Update 10/9: After staying up til 4am putting this together, I decided that it was just too much and I needed some time off to relax (I haven't really had a day off since I left) and to plan ahead, plus get some writing done.  I didn't want to be figuring out what I'm doing in Vienna while on the train to Vienna. So regretfully, Budapest will have to wait for a future trip, but this is what I would have done.


Day 23, Sun Oct 9
0835 train arrives from Prague
1000-1200 hop on/off bus tour
1200-1800 Leopold Town Walk, Pest Town Center Walk, Great Synagogue

Day 24, Mon Oct 10
0800-1000 Great Market Hall
1100-1300 Memento Park
1330-1530 Castle Hill walk/tour
1600-1900 Széchenyi Baths
2100-2200 boat ride (time approx.)

Day 25, Sun Oct 9
0710 train leaves for Vienna

It's a 3-hour train ride from Budapest to Vienna, so if worse comes to worse, I can use that to fill out the Vienna schedule, and after that is wandering in some of the small towns of the Austrian countryside which should allow me some down time to figure out Salzburg and Munich. Knowing what I know now about my preferences and capabilities, I'll have a better handle on how to schedule things (more meandering and not as much point-to-point hopping).

(Originally posted 10/8/11 at 3:30am, Prague)

No comments:

Post a Comment